We are just a week away from the 2011 Midwest Regional Masters Championship. To keep everyone informed and make your racing a little easy, we are announcing the sequence numbers that will be assigned to each 5-year age bracket. This will help you in your races as you will be racing in fields containing multiple age brackets.
|Category/Age Bracket||Number Sequence|
|Men 30-34 Cat 1/2/3||300-349|
|Men 35-39 Cat 1/2/3||350-399|
|Men 40-44 Cat 1/2/3||400-449|
|Men 45-49 Cat 1/2/3||450-499|
|Men 50-54 Cat 1/2/3||500-549|
|Men 30-34 Cat 4||Blue 300-349|
|Men 35-39 Cat 4||Blue 350-399|
|Men 40-44 Cat 4||Blue 400-449|
|Men 45-49 Cat 4||Blue 450-499|
|Men 50-54 Cat 4||Blue 500-549|
|Men 30-34 Cat 5||Red 300-349|
|Men 35-39 Cat 5||Red 350-399|
|Men 40-44 Cat 5||Red 400-449|
|Men 45-49 Cat 5||Red 450-499|
|Men 50-54 Cat 5||Red 500-549|
All riders will get TWO bib numbers and must wear BOTH numbers in all races they are racing.
If you have not signed up yet, there is still time. Online registration closes at 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, July 20, 2011. Go to USA Cycling to register! You will still be able to register on site for an extra $10, so register online to save money.
There are some important last minute, and necessary changes to the Midwest Regional Masters Championship. Due to a misinterpretation of the rules by myself, BigDave, part of the structure of this event has to be changed. Unfortunately, and yet fortunately, the mistake was caught recently and able to be corrected with little effect to the overall spirit and character of the weekend of events. Please read the MRMC Flyer Addendum to get the full details of the changes. We did our best to restructure the event while causing little change to the riders. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
David “BigDave” Riemenschneider
Owner, BigDaveSports, LLC
Stage #1: Time Trial – Cleves, OH
Stage #2: Road Race – North Bend, OH
Stage #3: Criterium – Aurora, IN
Check out the Midwest Regional Masters Championship page for complete details.
With 2011 just around the corner, the BigDaveSports race schedule is coming together. The Ohio Spring Race Series (OSRS) is back and bigger with the return of a couple of favorites from year’s past as well as the addition of a legendary course out of Northern Kentucky.
To compliment the mostly Sunday races of the OSRS, we will be adding a series of Saturday races in Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana consisting of 5 races and called the Kentuckiana Spring Race Series (KiSRS). This series was meant to be mostly flat, but when riding in Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana, nothing’s flat, so expect some challenging courses with a climb or two on each course. This series will also offer $5 entry fees for beginner women and equal prize payout for the higher category women.
With the success of last year’s Ohio Masters Road Race State Championship, we are bringing it back, but earlier in the summer and at a more central location as we move to the Zanesfield, OH course. We will also be doubling up with the juniors to create the 2011 Ohio Junior & Master State Road Race Championship.
Since we’re in to summer now, we have to talk about the Devou Park Summer Race Series in beautiful Covington, KY. This series was so successful, popular and exciting that we’d be silly to not bring it back. We’ll be working on bringing more entertainment value to the series, so be sure to mark your Wednesday evenings off now!
The highlight of the summer will be a new championship event with the Midwest Regional Masters Championship Event. This event will stage race giving you 3 races in 3 states in 2 days, not to mention the opportunity at 4 different championships. Saturday will give you a time trial in northern Kentucky and a road race in southwestern Ohio. Sunday will cap off the weekend with a criterium in southeastern Indiana. Not only will Regional Champions be crowned at each stage, but a Regional Stage Race Champion as well.
Lately, there has been some very serious discussion on putting on a Midwest Regional CX Championship in the area in December with an emphasis on the juniors. This is still very early in the planning, but may be a collaboration between groups in Cincinnati AND Louisville.
Here is the current schedule being planned:
- Sunday, March 20: OSRS #1 – Deer Creek
- Saturday, March 26: KiSRS #1 – Mentor-Maysville
- Sunday, March 27: OSRS #2 – Schabobele
- Saturday, April 2: KiSRS #2 – Bear Branch, IN
- Sunday, April 3: OSRS #3 – Hueston Woods p/b Team Hungry
- Sunday, April 10: OSRS #4 – Vandervorts Corner p/b Michelob Ultra Racing Team
- Saturday, April 16: KiSRS #3 – Big Bone
- Sunday, April 17: OSRS #5 – Spring Valley p/b 7 Hills Racing
- Saturday, April 23: OSRS #6 – Mitchell Memorial p/b Queen City Wheels
- Saturday, April 30: KiSRS #4 – Falmouth
- Sunday, May 1: OSRS #7 – Lynchburg
- Saturday, May 7: KiSRS #5 Series Finale – St. Peters, IN/Blue Creek Rd
- Sunday, May 8: OSRS # 8 – St Peters (don’t call us St Leon), IN
- Sunday, May 15: OSRS #9 – Germantown
- Sunday, May 22: OSRS #10 Series Finale – Georgetown, OH
- Saturday, June 18: Ohio Junior & Master State Road Race Championship, Zanesfield, OH
- Wednesday, July 13: Devou Park Summer Race Series #1
- Wednesday, July 20: Devou Park Summer Race Series #2
- Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24: Midwest Regional Masters Championship Event
- Wednesday, July 27: Devou Park Summer Race Series #3
- Wednesday, August 3: Devou Park Summer Race Series #4
- Wednesday, August 10: Devou Park Summer Race Series #5
- Mid-December: Midwest Regional CX Championship
More details will be posted as they come along.